OAEA 2017/18 AWARDS
Excellence in art education is seen in an educator or teacher who creates a culture supportive of art education in their school, organization and community in some of the following ways:
- provides multiple opportunities for artistic expression and learning across the curriculum before, during and after school hours
- advocates, shows passion for, and encourages the pursuit of the arts throughout learners’ lives
- introduces new artistic material, techniques, experiences and ideas to learners, thereby enriching their knowledge of the world around them
- brings their learners together with professional artists to work collaboratively
- seeks opportunities for students to perform or display their creativity for their peers, families and communities
- becomes involved in the artistic community outside of the school/organization and gives their students an opportunity to participate in the culture at large
recognize excellence in visual and media art education in the province of Ontario
focus professional attention on and increase public awareness of quality art education, exemplary art educators and the importance of quality art education
set standards for quality art education and show how they can be achieved
provide tangible recognition of achievement, earn respect of colleagues, and enhance professional opportunities for OAEA members
Annually we look for outstanding educators in the following categories:
elementary, secondary, post-secondary and community
Click here: pdf The OAEA 2017-18 AWARDS for a clear version to see all the details.
Ray Blackwell Award for Excellence in Art Education
Nominated by OAEA members, and determined by the executive, this award recognizes the career contributions of individuals for their exemplary practices and their advocacy role in supporting education in and through the visual arts. The award recognizes life time achievements and is in memory of Ray Blackwell, an eminent and well-respected Ontario educator, who was a classroom teacher, Ministry of Education inspector, and vocal advocate for the visual arts education in publicly-funded elementary and secondary schools.
Click here: pdf Ray Blackwell Award for a clear version to see all the details.